Extract (275) IMDb 6.1 1h 31min 2009 R. Joel, the owner of an Extract plant, tries to contend with myriad personal and professional problems, such as his potentially unfaithful wife and employees who want to take advantage of him. It's not insultingly bad and is certainly watchable, but it fails to be anything more than bland and really isn't funny in the slightest. Joel? She's barely any more committed to making the marriage into a thing we can…. Part domestic comedy, part economic comedy, part almost-romantic comedy, Judge's film has enough narrative parts to appeal. Just as she finishes her tirade, he collapses and dies; feeling guilty, Suzie attends the funeral, where she runs into Joel. Following the attempt of a young gold-digger to take advantage of small-but-bustling business, the film introduces plot points that do not satisfyingly come together and finds its main narrative thrust falling by the wayside. Lidia Porto Gabriella. Jason Bateman and Mila Kunis are alright, but nothing special. This product uses the TMDb API but is not endorsed or certified by TMDb. Terrific cast including Mila Kunis, Jason Bateman, J.K. Simmons, Ben Affleck and Kristen Wiig. Brad falls in love with Suzie and wants to run away with her. Company Credits The film, then, leaves its audience with an undeveloped center and plot pieces that almost detract…. She also begins a series of petty thefts from her co-workers, who openly accuse each other of the thefts.

I'll never understand why Mike Judge's cinematic offerings are so much worse than his television output. View Extract (2009) photos, movie images, film stills and cast and crew photos on Fandango. Unfortunately, I was let down by Extract after viewing it.The movie has a few funny moments, but I didn't think it had enough. This should be just up my alley! I have to give credit to Jason Bateman and Mila Kunis for trying to make the most of their characters, but everybody is so poorly written that even typically funny actors like Kristen Wiig and JK Simmons are relegated to bland, forgettable roles.
He is also often accosted by his annoying neighbor, Nathan. Written and directed by Mike Judge. Be sure to check out my other lady-centric lists:…, (Casi) todas las películas disponibles en Filmin. [10], "Beavis and Butthead promo for 'Extract': Huh, huh, huh...you said Mr. Bateman", Mike Judge Presents: Tales from the Tour Bus, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Extract_(film)&oldid=965068213, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 29 June 2020, at 06:31. She, too, is love-starved, and she’s constantly bidding for his attention in ways he refuses to acknowledge, because it’s easier for him to blame their lack of intimacy on his lonely wife. A brother and sister return to their family home in search of their world famous parents who have disappeared. What's missing is sexual attention from his wife, Suzie. Said to be Judge's companion piece to Office Space, the film received generally positive reviews and grossed $10.8 million worldwide against a budget of $8 million.[2]. Allison Janney, Regina Hall, Mila Kunis, Awkafina to Star in 'Breaking News In Yuba County', Glenn Close and Mila Kunis Team up for 'Four Good Days', 14 Things You Didn't Know About 'Office Space' on its 20th Anniversary. Joel initially balks at the idea; but, after his judgment is impaired after ingesting a ketamine tablet that Dean mistakenly told him was Xanax, Joel agrees. [4], Seeking to keep Extract below the radar of the studio system, Judge and his producers set up a production company, Ternion Productions, and arranged private financing—while partnering with Miramax for domestic distribution of the film. "I hopefully write stuff that is recognizable as the archetypes of this world." Perhaps a lack of collaboration lets him overindulge his own instincts. Now, Joel must attempt to piece his company and his marriage back together all while trying to figure out what he's really after in life. I had some very good laughs with this movie. Joel hatches a convoluted plan to get Suzie to cheat on him, thereby clearing the way for Joel to have an affair with Cindy, an employee.
T.J. Miller Rory. Decent little comedy about a con artist and the easy-going extract tycoon who almost messes up his marriage and everything else thanks to suspicion, jealousy and unrequited desire. A) Extracting from a TIMESTAMP examples. TMDb Although his business is successful, his marriage lacks passion. Willie realizes that Joel is trying to get with Cindy, and punches Joel in the face. But years later, by the time of the film's release, audiences had decided that Office Space had struck a chord, and they were ready to see Judge return to on-the-job humor and thus the Extract script was given new life. Joel, the owner of an extract manufacturing plant, constantly finds himself in precarious situations that steadily worsen by the minute. Certainly recommended by me! "The only idea that I had that anyone was interested in was what eventually became Idiocracy," says Judge. The strong cast almost makes it all work, but the comedy winds up nothing more than a middle-of-the-road experience. Directed by Mike Judge.

Lamberto Gutierrez Victor. The owner of a factory that produces flavor extracts, Joel Reynold seems to have it all, but really doesn't. Jason Bateman as Joel. That Beavis and Butthead reboot better be amazing. Edited/co-edited by women. From. CONDEMNED!! Directed by Mike Judge. Filming & Production There were people working on machines that were so loud in there they couldn’t hear anyone call 'action' or 'cut.' The Massie Twins. The feds and Charles' former gang chase them on the road. (2009). But what Joel doesn't know is that Cindy is a sociopathic con artist, and a freak workplace accident clears the way for her to ruin Joel forever. [3] Shortly after completing Office Space (1999), director Mike Judge was already about 40 pages into his follow-up script, set in the world of an extract factory, when he was convinced by his representative team that he needed to shelve that and concentrate on something more commercial. His small factory makes flavour extract. Made by fans in Auckland, New Zealand. Hatching a get-rich-quick scheme, she gets a temporary job at the factory, manipulating Joel into giving her more information about Step. Fans of Office Space and Mike Judge may want to watch Extract out of curiosity. The next morning, Cindy disappears, but leaves the stolen items behind. ... 2009 Comedy. Directors Mike Judge The workers, believing that the meeting is about a buy-out of the factory by General Mills, organize a strike. I liked the story, had its funny moments. Finally, compounding these catastrophes is new employee Cindy, who happens to be a scam artist intent on milking the company for all its worth. Principal photography began on August 25, 2008 in Los Angeles. Two assistant managers of a corporate grocery store vie for a coveted promotion.