STUNNING sound. The Party - Review The O2, London ... Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus and the cast of Mamma Mia! Monday night and the lights are low. Stunning staging and direction. And for the sceptics out there? Just what we need in 2019! The night begins in line queuing through the film set-esk Taverna. But I’m putting aside my fears, both of this mega-franchise and forced fun, and attending Mamma Mia! Upon entering the space in the O2, you are transported to a taverna on the island of Skopelos. They rock the room. If you love musical theatre, amazing Greek food, a breathtaking atmosphere and a good old Mediterranean booze up – this is the party for you! The performances of ABBA's music are camp and bold, and there are some unexpectedly magical moments. movie and have opened a taverna. The party runs late so get a hotel and enjoy every second! The Party: Forget a 4 hour flight, airport transfers and the like because now Mamma Mia! A sceptic and his superfan mum take a chance on the O2’s immersive dining experience, which serves up fried squid and Abba classics, Last modified on Fri 10 Apr 2020 13.20 BST. Joanna Monro was a born Debbie/Rosie – effortless. Then suddenly out into the night – not a balmy Greek one, but a stuffy Jubilee line one. But the wafer-thin plot hardly matters. And. The Party is simply the best night out in London in 2019! The first thing that blows you away is the scale of the room. The Party is simply the best night out in London in 2019! Tuesday, 24 September 2019. REVIEW: Mamma Mia! A huge achievement for mass catering. What this show proves is the prolific brilliance of Benny & Bjorn’s songbook. is truly a party. Mamma Mia! The London production is slightly more ‘mainstream’ than Stockholm where this show originates…in Bjorn’s hometown. From posters on the walls to fountains and flowers dotted round, there's plenty to see purely on the journey to your seat. The show plot is seriously flimsy and very pantomime-esque but the cast perform brilliantly and everything entertains. Mamma Mia! It’s 100% paid off in London! Tonight the food was exceptional and authentic….I’m sure this won’t be to every ABBA fans taste though. ... Steph Parry in Mamma Mia! You need the Jubilee Line to get to the O2 at North Grenwich tube. Compliments to the entire team. Needless to say, the songs are excellent, supported by sterling performances by a multi-talented cast. It’s like the movie. It’s part play, part musical, part party and fabulous camp night out – concluding an ABBA-mania disco from 10.30pm! Anything possessing an exclamation mark in the title sends me in the other direction. Nods to AJ Bentley who has never shone more brightly as a star. Strictly is on its way back! I have avoided every iteration of Mamma Mia! You may well find yourself on a table with people you don’t know….and have to share your / their food! THE PARTY (O2) ★★★★★ September 27, 2019 // By: West End Wilma // Musicals, Reviews // Comments are off Created by ABBA’s Björn Ulvaeus, Mamma Mia!The Party is a new and unique entertainment experience that puts guests in the heart of the action. Every time I’m visiting, the film’s relentless cheeriness chisels like a sculptor at my frontal cortex. The lighting is quite remarkable – the venue is utterly immersive. Most tables are 6 to 10 seats. Published on Tue 24 Sep 2019 07.33 EDT. I drop my mum – still swept up in her enjoyment – off at the station, finally facing her Waterloo (East). The Party. the Party could be subtitled, 'Mamma Mia! But I’m putting aside my fears, both of this mega-franchise and forced fun, and attending Mamma Mia! We really could be on holiday in Greece, from the bougainvilleas climbing mottled walls to over-enthusiastic Brits waiting to get drunk. Once checked in you’re given a complimentary drink and then you take your table. The show is vocally faultless and hugely powerful! I suspect most of the waiters are theatre people as everything is a performance at Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! Mamma Mia! The Party. The Party O2 London… Mamma Mia! Enjoy EXCLUSIVE interviews from the Red Carpet on Gala night @ the O2…. This night out is expensive costing between £100-£200 a ticket in London. Over the course of about four hours, the audience enjoys a spectacular show, a four-course gourmet Mediterranean … By the end of the show Mamma Mia! Review Round Up: Mamma Mia! This three act immersive 360 play (over four hours) is a hoot from beginning to end – currently playing at the O2 London. Every time she is left alone with the TV, one of two things will appear – Love Actually or Mamma Mia! You’re greeted with a meze of deliciousness including olives, bread & humus. Obviously they take care of dietary needs etc but this isn’t a restaurant or buffet. Fred Zanni is the perfect Nikos and a sets the mood brilliantly. The show is packed with MM legends. Such joy in the room! Congrats to Ingrid Sutej for a theatrical masterclass for 2019. Your email address will not be published. The night is set out as an immersive show which is broken up by food and drink. Here We Go Again- again.'. Required fields are marked *. It begins with as a play and gets bigger & bigger and louder and louder as the night progresses until it seamlessly crescendos into a disco. have avoided every iteration of Mamma Mia! Bravo ABBA for your bravery. You won’t be able to resist the dance floor by the end.